Monday, April 19, 2010

Spring Fly Fishing in the Adirondacks

DATE: 4/14/2010 6:56:00 PM


I decided to start this blog late last night, hoping I could create a place to help fly fishermen keep up to date with my neck of the woods. I assume most people don't care what I ate for dinner or what Gus, my new puppy, chewed up last night. My neck of the woods is the West Branch of the Ausable River and the surrounding area. Spring is here and the water level has come down. After a chilly night in the 20's, it is shaping up to be a very nice day with highs in the 60's. The fishing is slow because of the low water temp, but I have been successful nymphing in the pocket water. The trick is to almost bump the trout on its head with your fly, so fish pockets and holes where you know there are fish. Easier said then done, I agree, but on the West branch of the Ausable If it looks like there should be a trout hiding behind that rock, then there probably is. As the fishing season progresses I hope to take the time to write little updates as often as possible. Please feel free to share your comments, fish stories, and other related stories. Try not to criticize my less than perfect use of the English language; my English major girlfriend has been working on it for a few years now (believe it our not I am getting better) and what does that have to do with fly fishing anyway.




No comments:

Post a Comment