Monday, April 19, 2010

Another Great Day

DATE: 4/15/2010 8:01:00 PM


I just walked back from the West Branch of the Ausable River to my house it is about 4 pm. I have something to do this evening or I would still be out enjoying the wonderful day. It is supposed to rain tonight. I hope not, the water level is perfect. I did have a little luck this afternoon I caught one nice brown trout about 16 inches long. I was using a dropper rig, a size 10 bead head prince nymph with a size 16 bead head caddis nymph tied to the bend on about 26 inches of 5x tippet. The trout took the bead head caddis. I use this set up a lot and more often then not I hook the fish with the smaller fly. I will be out fishing for most of the day tomorrow. I am going to check out a few different areas on the Ausable. Check back soon for more updates.



No comments:

Post a Comment